Ann Arbor: The Performance Network Theatre is a small theater in downtown Ann Arbor. The 139-seat theater has several programs, including a seven-show professional season, twice-yearly festival, and the Children's Theatre Network. The Performance Network also hosts acting workshops and internships. The theater is located at 120 East Huron Street.
- the Detroit Repertory Theatre is a neighborhood-based, alternative professional theatre that hosts four productions a year, each of which run about six days a week for eight weeks. The theater is franchised by the Actors' Equity Association. The theater has 194 seats and is located at 13103 Woodrow Wilson.
- The Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit is a nonprofit that provides professional performance art training. It includes the Mosaic Youth Ensemble (acting and music) that tours schools and holds public performances at the Detroit Film Theater inside the Detroit Institute of Arts at 5200 Woodward Avenue.
- PuppetART! is otherwise known as the Detroit Puppet Theater. The intimate, 70-person theater is located with downtown Detroit's theater district. It presents eight puppet productions, seven for children and one for adults. Patrons to the theater take in a show, visit the museum and take part in a workshop in the puppet studio. The theater is located at 25 E. Grand River.
Mt. Clemens: The Box Theater is a 70-seat, black-box theater that hosts performance art with a minimum of sets and props. It is located at 51 North Walnut Street.
- Genitti's Little Theater is part of Genitti's Hole in the Wall! Dinner (and occasionally lunch) Theater. The shows are presented along with a seven-course Italian dinner and are typically interactive. In the past they have included a faux class reunion or who-done-it mystery. The show changes every four months. The venue also occasionally hosts comedians and magicians and shows just for kids.
- Northville's Historic Marquis Theatre is located in what was once an opera house in downtown Northville. The historic landmark is Victorian in design and at one time hosted Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford. These days the theater caters to children shows and camps. It is located at 135 E. Main Street.
Westland: Inspire Theatre hosts an interactive murder-mystery dinner theatre, as well as classes for kids. The theatre is located at 33445 Warren Road.
- Out of the Box Theater hosts productions by the Downriver Actors Guild, including musicals, plays and children's shows. A new production opens once a month. Meanwhile, children's shows are performed on average of once every few months. The theater is located at 1165 Ford Avenue.
- The Wyandotte Arts Center hosts about four productions a year by the Downriver Council for the Arts. The center also hosts visual arts exhibits, workshops, art camps, concerts and literary events to benefit the downriver communities. The building dates back to 1911 and is located at 81 Chestnut.