Note: The 2013 Detroit Michigan Haunted Houses and Attractions listed below are for teenagers or adults ready to face terror like they've never known. For a family with younger kids, check out the Metro Detroit Halloween Family Attractions list.
City of Detroit and Wayne County
- Detroit: Detroit's Urban Legends
In the past, Cass Community Social Services has hosted two floors of terror, and the proceeds have gone to help homeless women. Note: As of this writing, the Urban Legend Facebook page has the following dates listed (that appear to be in 2013): October 25th, 26th, 27th, 30th and 31st (Halloween!).
- Detroit: The Haunted Tours at Historic Fort Wayne (AKA "Detroit Ghosts")
The 1840s fort has provided a haunted home to lantern walking tours and all-night ghost hunts over the past few years. Unfortunately, Terri King, the attraction's owner and operator, moved out of the state. In 2009, the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition and Metro Paranormal Investigations continued the tradition with the help of the City of Detroit Recreation Department.
Guests on The Haunted Tours of Historic Fort Wayne can learn the fort's paranormal history through a guided walking tour and then walk the grounds in hunt of their own paranormal experience on selected Saturday nights from April through early November. Note: Tickets are already sold out for 2013.
- New Boston: Barn of Blood at Apple Charlie’s
In years past, the Barn of Blood at Apple Charlie’s used to run every weekend in October. Note: While the cider mill is still operating, the haunted attractions are no longer mentioned on the website (at least as of this writing).
- Rockwood: Woods of Darkness at the Fun Acres Corn Maze
Woods of Darkness hosts a new attraction in 2013: Zombie Attack (paintball). The attractions are open on weekends from Friday, September 27th through October 26th. Cost is $15 and cash is requested.
- Taylor: The Scream Machine
The haunted attraction has a new location in 2013 on Eureka Road. It includes a haunted chapel, cemetery and grave keeper's home on over 7500 square feet. Admission is $14. The scares start on September 27th and continue on weekends through November 2nd. It is also open during the week the last two weeks of October. Note: Check the attraction's website for a coupon.
- Wyandotte: Bloodbath on Biddle by the Wyandotte Jaycees
In 2013, the haunted attraction is located in the old City Hall. It is open October 10-13, 17-20, and 24-31. Admission to the Bloodbath is $15 a person. VIP tickets are available for $23, as well as admission to midnight showings on selected dates of the Rocky Horror Picture Show for $10. Note: Combo tickets are also available.
Macomb County (Detailed Information):
- Armada: Blakes Nighttime Spooky Hayrides & Three-Level Haunted Barn
- Armada: Slaughtered at Sundown
- Lenox Township: Haunted Farm of Terror
- Lenox: Scarefest Scream Park
- Mt. Clemens: The Fear Factory at Gibraltar Trade Center
- Romeo: Haunted Hayride at Miller's Big Red Greenhouses and Cider Mill
- Roseville: Motor City Massacre
- Utica: Sinister Haunted House
- Warren: The Deadland Haunted House
Oakland County (Detailed Information):
- Bloomfield Hills: Charles L. Bowers School Farm's Haunted Maze
- Farmington: The Haunted Winery, Inc.
- Ferndale: Hazelhurst Manor
- Holly: Holly Shop of Horror
- Leonard: Amazing Corn Maze
- Pontiac: Erebus
- Pontiac: The Realm of Darkness
- Rochester: Dementia at Hampton
- South Lyon: Barn of Horrors