The City of Birmingham is known as “A Walkable Community.” It is located west of Woodward Avenue in Oakland County. Of the communities that have a historic downtown area, Birmingham is one of the most affluent, and it shows in the city's fine shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
The City hosts both a Farmer's Market and “In the Park” concert series.
Annual Birmingham Events include:
- January/February: Little Christmas Tea, Restaurant Week
- March/April: Uptown Film Festival
- May/June: Celebrate Birmingham Parade
- July/August: Birmingham Cruise Event, Bike Festival, Birmingham Street Art Fair
- September/October: Halloween Parade,
- November/December: Holiday Tree Lighting and Santa House Opens, Magic of Birmingham, Winter Markt (German), Magic of Birmingham, Family New Year Blast