Cobo Center is located in downtown Detroit (map
) at the intersection of Jefferson and Washington Avenues. While the center has its own parking structure, it has a limited number of general parking spots available. Likewise, the garages in the blocks surrounding Cobo Center fill up very fast, especially with the Click-and-Park reservations system utilized by the North American International Auto Show this year.
- Click and Park. Through ClickandPark.com it is possible to make reservations within 24 hours of your expected attendance. Prices start at $10 and there is a $3 service charge.
Parking Plan. If you don't make advance reservations, it is important that you come prepared with a plan of attack for parking. You should understand the street layout in downtown Detroit. Because parking fills up fast at Cobo, you should also carry a list or map of parking garages in downtown Detroit. There are several parking garages within walking distance of Cobo Center, including:
Note: The police are out in force downtown. Police cruisers are everywhere you might accidentally wander.
- 621 First Street, northwest of Cobo Center on First Street (between Fort and Congress Streets)
- The Millenium Garage and Marmalade Enterprises, north of Cobo on W. Congress
- First-Washington Garage, north of Cobo on Washington Avenue
- Handy Parking, east of Cobo on Shelby Street
- People Mover. The People Mover is a commuter train that goes in a one-way circle around downtown. In addition to a stop within Cobo Center, it has 12 other stops. One stop is at Greektown Casino Hotel, which is surrounded by several parking garages, several of which are free.
- Park-and-Ride Shuttles. Media Shuttles are scheduled to Cobo Center from hotels in Detroit, Dearborn and Southfield.