Part of the fun of Christmas time is traveling throughout the Metro-Detroit area to marvel at the myriad of decorations and lights. To get you started toward finding the best holiday decorations and light displays in the area, here is a list of Detroit Christmas Decorations and Light Displays:
- Brighton: Holiday Glow 2012, November 17th only
- Dearborn: Festival of Trees, November 18th through 25th
- Flint: Christmas Holiday Magic at Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad
- Frankenmuth: Holiday Celebration & Candlewalk, November 23rd only
- Howell: Fantasy of Lights Parade, November 23rd
- Livonia: Livonia Lights, a decorated house on display through December 31st. There will also be a Christmas concert at 7 PM on December 20th.
- Rochester: The Big Bright Light Show, a downtown light display from November 29th, 2010 to January 2nd, 2011
- Rochester: Holiday Walk: Puttin' on the Glitz, Meadow Brook Hall decorated for Christmas from November 23rd through December 22nd
- Wayne County: Wayne County Lightfest, a drive through a Christmas Light Display at Hines Park from November 15th to December 31st
In addition to the community events listed above, many private houses decorate for the season. You can submit pictures of your own favorite and/or check out the map posted by Bronner's of Frankenmuth that keeps track of some of the best decorated homes in Michigan.
If you want to make your own home a holiday destination, Light Visions designs and installs holiday lighting for houses and businesses in the Metro-Detroit area.