Detroit Background & Basics
By Laura Sternberg, About.com Guide
Information and instruction regarding various aspects of Metro Detroit living.
- Guide to Detroit and Michigan's New Movie Industry
- Guide to Gardening in Detroit, Michigan
- Michigan Fireworks Laws
- How To Move to or Within Metro Detroit
- Guide to Michigan Programs to Help with College Costs
- Guide to Colleges and Universities in Detroit, Michigan
- Downtown Detroit Transportation
- Help for Detroiters Facing Foreclosure
- Detroit Mayoral Candidates to Succeed Kilpatrick
- Metro Detroit Newspapers/Magazines
- Michigan Election Guide
Issues & Interests
Information about issues and interests important to Metro Detroiters.
- Guide to Detroit's Mayoral Candidates
- Photo Tour of Old Tiger Stadium and Its Demolition
- Guide to Michigan's Movie Industry
- FAQs: Auto-Industry Crisis and Possible Solutions
- Editorial: Bailout or Bankruptcy for the Big Three?
- Proposal 1: Legalize Medical Marijuana
- Proposal 2: Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Interim Detroit Mayor: Kenneth Cockrel, Jr.
- Possible Mayoral Candidate: David Bing
- Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick Track Record
- How Does the Metro Detroit Area Measure Up?
- Charter Schools: Alternative or Plan for the Future
- Michigan's Almost 'Service' Tax
- Detroit Sports Blog
- Presidential Candidates on Michigan Issues
History & Facts
Information and background about the people and places that make up the Metro Detroit Area.
- Detroit Landmarks and Buildings
- What is the History of Detroit's Old Tiger Stadium?
- Information About Jacobson's Department Stores
- Detroit Historical Figures
- Famous Celebrities from the Metro Detroit Area
- Detroit Television Celebrities of the 1960s and 1970s
- List of Metro Detroit Shopping Malls and Centers
- Detroit Area Casino Hotels
- Eminem's Detroit Roots
- Detroit Street Design: Hub-and-Spoke
- History of Devil's Night in Detroit
- Photo Tour of Detroit's Old Tiger Stadium
The Motor City: Detroit's Auto Industry
The moniker says it all. Detroit is home to the automobile, and the auto industry still plays a significant role in the local economy.