Updated June 04, 2009Detroit and Michigan are in dire need of an industry (or two) totally unrelated to the automobile. In 2008, the state decided to take action in at least one direction by creating a film-incentive package. The package, in effect, rewards production companies that come into the state to film. It also seeks to build a movie infrastructure to jumpstart Michigan’s Movie Industry.
- Were any movies made in Michigan before the Film-Incentive Package passed?
- How do the film incentives work?
- What organizations exist within the state to assist in-coming film productions?
- How is Detroit marketing itself as a movie location?
- Are studios being developed within the Metro Detroit area or other areas of Michigan?
- How do I find a job as an extra in a Detroit film production?
- How do I find a film school in Detroit?
- What movies and/or television productions have filmed or are scheduled to film in Detroit since the Film-Incentives Package passed?
- What connection did Clint Eastwood’s Gran Torino have with Detroit?