Updated April 21, 2013Mother's Day is all about pampering mom. While gifts are certainly appreciated, what mom really wants is for you to take her out for a good time. In 2013, there are several Metro-Detroit restaurants for Mother's Day brunch that will help you celebrate the big event with a special menu or buffet:
- Ann Arbor –- The Melange Bistro treats mom to a free meal on her special day. The restaurant is open from 11 AM to 9 PM (one mom per table).
- Bloomfield Hills -- The Moose Preserve Bar & Grill traditionally offers a special menu for Mother's Day.
- Clinton Township -- J.Baldwin's Restaurant is hosting a special Mother's Day meal on Sunday, May 12th. The meal includes a choice of one of nine entrees including Roast Duck, Chicken Oscar, 4 Grilled Lamb Chops and Roast Prime Rib. Cost is $26.99 an adult / $10.99 kids. Reservations 586-416-3500.
- Detroit –- RattleSnake Club hosts a special Mother's Day Brunch from 11 AM to 2 PM. Cost is $40 an adult/$12 a child. In addition to a Starter & Salad Display, there will be Chef-Presented Stations with dishes like Garlic-Studded Prime Rib of Beef, Made-to-Order Omelets, and Roasted Turkey Breast. The buffet also has brunch, kids and sweets stations. Mimosas and Bloody Mary's are available for an extra cost.
- Grosse Pointe Shores –- The Edsel & Eleanor Ford House hosts a Mother's Day Brunch in the Visitor Center Gallery. Cost is dependent on whether or not you include a tour of the house and grounds with your meal. Brunch alone costs $26.00 an adult/$14.00 a child. The afternoon seating is sold out, but tickets remain for the morning seating from 10 AM to 12 PM.
- Harrison Township -- Gino's Surf hosts a Mother's Day Brunch with breakfast, beef, chicken and seafood entrees. Brunch includes choices from a dessert table with Coffee & Tea included. Seatings run from 11 AM to 5 PM. Cost is $25.95 an adult/$12.95 a child.
- Livonia –- The Italian-American Banquet & Conference Center of Livonia hosts a brunch buffet served from 11 AM to 2 PM. The buffet includes breakfast, seafood, lunch, carving-board, kids and desserts stations. Cost is $25 an adult/$10 a child. Reservations must be paid in advance. Call 734-953-9724 x202.
- Northville -- Deadwood Bar & Grill traditionally offers a special menu for Mother's Day.
- Plymouth –- 5ive Restaurant at the Inn as St. John's hosts a four-course brunch on mom's special day from 10 AM to 3 PM. The cost is $42 an adult/$15 a child. The menu includes a trio of small tastes appetizers, salad, two entrees from a list of 14, and a a plated-trio dessert. Entree choices include both breakfast and lunch dishes, including Phyllo-Crusted Whitefish, Ratatouille Strudel, Banana-Nutella Crepes, and a Baked Florentine Strata. (Review)
- Plymouth -- Fox Hills Golf & Banquet Center traditionally offers a special brunch for Mother's Day at the Golden Fox Clubhouse for $34.95 an adult/$12.95 a child. The buffet includes breakfast, seafood, soup and salad, entree, carving-board, omelet and sweets stations. The entree station has eight entrees, including pasta, beef brisket, salmon, chicken, pork, lamb and vegetarian selections.
The Fox Classic Clubhouse also hosts a buffet for $29.95 an adult/$10.95 a child. The buffet includes breakfast, seafood, carving-board, entree, side, and dessert stations. The entree station has seven entrees, including chicken, seafood, pork and vegetarian selections.
- Rochester -– The Royal Park Hotel hosts a special Mother's Day Brunch with carving, seafood, salad, stir-fry, chafing-dish, and dessert stations. Cost is $45 an adult/$28 a child. Call for reservations: 248-453-8732.
- Wyandotte -– Portofino Italian Restaurant hosts a Mother's Day Buffet on Sunday, May 12th. (Review)